Saturday 5 May 2012

Evaluation Activity 5


How did you attract/address your audience?


I decided that the an important and crucial way to attract and address and audience was to make the film relate to them, either by location, situation or characters. I chose characters and location as these were practical to my resources and the situation of a thriller movie is extremely unlikely to happen in real life. I used my friend in her house to help relate the age, style, and life style to my target audience.  I filmed in her house not only because it had a good setting that I was able to take advantage of but because she would also look more at home in her own house, once again helping the audience relate to the film as they all know how it feels to be at home. I also hope this would scare them as you are meant to feel safe at home and because the film is based in a home, it takes that safety barrier away from the audience making this memorable.    


The sound I used was usual of a thriller move as they were synchronised with movements just as people crossing the scene, or places where I intend the audience to jump. I different sound effects from Sound Track Pro as I was able to edit and synch them precisely where I wanted the sound to go. The sound made the action more intense, therefore making the scene more exciting and the movie more enjoyable to an audience. Sounds I used were soft creepy music that was able to be built up to show the climax in the storyline. I also wanted to use some of the sounds that I recorded when filming such as doors shutting or steps up and down stairs. 


To attract my target audience I also looked at other popular thriller movies and saw what they did to address their target audiences that were similar to mine. I used similar conventions such as friends meeting up and possibly the use of nightmares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment